Sign in to follow this  
Darren

Valius Wilderness Suggested Updates

Skull.png.b2c3bae6f68aae1465b194b1bbf9974b.png WILDERNESS UPDATE Skull.png.b2c3bae6f68aae1465b194b1bbf9974b.png

216516175_WILDERNESSMAP.thumb.png.f937291623600858e057ce30871f1e5c.png

-As you can see the Wilderness is a massive area with plenty of space for new content, whether it's bosses, dungeons, skilling areas, or just moneymakers, there's just a lot potential that lies within it-

Yes, this server isn't the biggest server in the world or anything, and most of the community is pretty close with one another.. so Pking may not be favored by too many right now, But in time, the release of more Wilderness updates or basically a complete overhaul of the Wild and things related to it could bring in more players for the server as a whole. Pking or Slaying new monsters together in dangerous areas could be fun, along with the possibility of high rewards.

An idea I've thrown together with the help of my friend February would be to maybe add an XP Boost to all skills while being in the Wilderness, bringing more activity into the Wild with the benefit of faster XP. It would create a unique area for maxing skills while also having a risk factor.

I also feel like the Mage Arena should be looked into, as there is nowhere to spend Mage Arena Points, maybe a shop could be opened at the Mage Bank to spend these points. An idea I have would be the Battle Mage Set from Fist Of Guthix along with a damage boost towards all Battle Mages.

2043755638_BattleRobes.png.3eadfe25369387cffa1f91d776dca537.png

Some other ways I've imagined to bring "Life" into the Wilderness would require multiple adjustments to Shops & drops.

Everyone currently playing this server knows how simple it is to collect Blood Money and to purchase PVP armor from the Blood Money shop, in my opinion this needs a major fix. It's overflowing the server with higher tiered armor that should be a little harder to acquire for how good it is. I fully believe that PVP armor (Statius, Vesta, Zuriel, & Morrigan) and weapons should be completely removed from the Blood Money Shop. It is extremely easy to get, it can be alched for high prices when Blood Money is easily available as well. I believe this armor should only be dropped by Revenants, no exceptions. It would create a whole new value to the armor, it would bring the Revenant caves to life. It would make players feel like they have something to work for instead of getting a full set of Vesta within 2 hours of playing. - FIXED!

Along with the removal of PVP armor, I believe that all of the Gloves in the blood money shop should be removed and relocated as well. I feel like I know just the spot where they would fit into the game and that would be as drops from Derwen, Porazdir, and Justiciar Zachariah. These bosses are rarely killed as they have 5,000 HP and nobody wants to sit in the Wild grinding them out. Adding all of the Blood Money gloves to the drop tables of these bosses could really allow players to be more active for some of the best in slot items, not have handouts all the time as this would increase the rarity of the gloves. These bosses also drop other rares that I've yet to even see in game because they're not usually slain.

And Lastly, Blood Money & Shop Adjustments

Blood Money isn't the easiest to collect, but isn't the hardest either. But I feel that it is misplaced in the game. You can get random drops of Blood Money from basically anything, from logging in, and many other ways. I like that, but I definitely feel that it could be relocated to other areas of the game as well. Such as the Wilderness ONLY seeing as it is, Blood Money. This currency is supposed to be dropped from PKing another player originally and used to purchase Deadman Armor. But yes, this is a totally different game. But along those lines, I feel that Blood Money should only be dropped from any NPC located in the Wilderness, along with Bosses dropping bigger stacks. By doing this, the Blood Money shop items would actually be harder to get and require a little grind to achieve them.

Along with that, maybe the whole Blood Money Shop could be reworked with Wilderness Related items such as:

486324593_BloodMoneyShop.png.82bb01ab1de1e00e94ac2bf23fb7d15b.png

• Blood Cape (A Blood Red Legend's Cape that makes you appear as a Red Dot on the mini-map)
  • Skull (1-Click teleport at any level of the Wild, One time use)
  • A Recolored Amulet of Avarice (Notes all drops anywhere in the Wilderness, while skulling you with a red skull)
  • A Recolored Wilderness Salve Amulet (Hit harder on Wilderness NPCs with Melee, Magic, and Ranged attacks)
  • Book of Blood (Unlimited Blood Runes)
  • A Recolored Bracelet of Ethereum (Protects you against Revenants)
  • Superior Looting Bag (Allow access while in the Wild, such as removing food, items, and whatever else)
  • Viggora's chainmace, Craw's Bow, & Thammaron's Sceptre

-SPECIAL THANKS TO FEBRUARY & GHANDI FOR THE HELP-

-Darren

I think adding more items in store for bm would overflow the game with those items. Currently bm isn't hard at all to get and some players have 500k+

Good ideas though I like it.

2 hours ago, Hunter said:

I think adding more items in store for bm would overflow the game with those items. Currently bm isn't hard at all to get and some players have 500k+

Good ideas though I like it.

Yeah that's the only problem with the idea right now. If this were to happen, shop items would have to be really high priced items for a while until the flow of Blood Money slowed down or something. These are all just ideas anyways, but Thank you for your input! 😬

Also, in time when people started running low on Blood Money that they currently have, they'd have no choice but to go into the Wild to get it again. Which adds the risks of getting PKed so it'd be a lot harder to aquire. Ya know what I mean?