Odin

Economy reset.

Let me start by saying that I love this server/community. I have been playing here for just under a year. A year. How many people stick with a single private server for a year? The answer is none, because there aren't any out there worth sticking to. Except for this one.

Valius hits the 1 year mark next month. It's honestly a huge milestone. That's generally the milestone servers fail to hit just before they go under. We made it, baby. I want to keep seeing this server grow and believe me it can. It has so much potential. It just needs proper care and a sweet coat of paint.

The main point of this post is to suggest a full economy reset. That also includes a number of small changes that need to be made to ensure the health an longevity of a new, player run economy. Let's get started.

• Every account is reset. All stats, achievements, items, wealth. It's all gone. Everyone gets a fresh start.
  • Any amount donated will carry over and be doubled (may change) for sticking around after the reset. This will only apply to your total amount donated, you will not get the tokens to spend again in the donator shop.
  • All point shops need an overhaul. Mainly PVM, Boss and Skilling. The barrows equipment should be removed, the dragon tools and the void armor as well.
  • Add perks to purchase with PVM/Skilling/Boss points such as all drops/raw materials go straight to your bank for an hour. Boss instances for so many points or double drop amount for next 10 kills.
  • All boss drops should be removed from the slayer key drop table.
  • All gold drops you get from Mystery boxes, PVM caskets, random rewards, Raids, etc should be halved or even removed completely.
  • General store prices should be adjusted across the board to better suit a new economy.
  • All rare item drop rates should be nerfed by at least 20%. Making rare drops...well, rare. This includes raid items and absolute end game items like Nex armors.

If any one has any other suggestions, please feel free to comment below and I will add them.

I don't want to see this server crash and burn. I think if we let the economy continue down it's current path, that's exactly what will happen. Everything will become so inflated and nothing will have any value anymore. I strongly believe that something needs to be done and this is the best course of action for the future health of the game.

I 100% agree. I too see the path the economy is going down and don't like it. I'm all for basically everything on this post, the only question I have is towards the "Doubled" amount donated, what do you mean by that exactly?:p $50 to $100? I don't really know how I'd feel with that, but can definitely agree with everything else 100%! I love this server, like I really enjoy it.. but I just see some things that seem off to me. So many items are left untouched due to end game equipment being so easily achieved that it's kinda sad to see a lot of great customs, armors, weapons and even bosses.. just left to rest because of a select few weapons or armor sets.

33 minutes ago, Darren said:

I 100% agree. I too see the path the economy is going down and don't like it. I'm all for basically everything on this post, the only question I have is towards the "Doubled" amount donated, what do you mean by that exactly?:p $50 to $100?

I only put that in there because that's what we did when the source changed last time. (A year ago)

You have some pretty good points here, but wouldn't you say an Eco reset would be the "Easy" way out? Not to mention they dont tend to actually work the way people would like, and tend to kill out servers from what i have seen. There are plenty of ways to combat an inflating economy such as but not limited to: adding money and item sinks, upgrade-able items, items that degrade over time, Food and potion price adjustments, "raising the bar" or introducing further end-game content, or expansions. These are some things that we've been discussing lately and spending time figuring out ways to combat this. As of now we have a few things in mind to help stabilize an inflating economy, some ideas planned and set in motion that we will see over the next few weeks and some that have still yet to be planned.

Some future ideas and plans:
Perk Systems that require gold & items to upgrade non-trade-able "Perks" (Don't want to spoil too much on this)
Revaluing your items within the general store to get a proper price for the rare loots you aquire
Some armor and weapons reworked to offer charges and degrading (IE: PVP armors)
Monster and boss definitions reworked to include proper stats to better create more a larger variety of choices when planning out weapons so its not 1 weapon beats all.
(IE: Propery Tbow formula + others to make Defence required where needed and to level out the overly OP items so not everyone is running void 100% due to high dmg output and no need for defence due to this)

Posted (edited)

It does seem like an easy way out, but I wasn't sure how many of you behind the scenes have spoken about or discussed the state of the current economy. Had I known about some of the things you've mentioned, I probably would of held off on this post. Regardless, I do think that something needs to be done as soon as possible. Just taking a look at the market chat on discord. Everything people are buying or selling tends to be in the 100's of millions range. When I maxed my classic account for the second event, I ended up with 1.4b gp and tons of boss drop items just from 1-99 slayer alone. The only actual drop I got from a boss was a serpentine visage from Zulrah, which I only did one task.

Economy resets are definitely risky, but I think we have a loyal enough player base to pull it off. I've run a poll on this subject before and it was mostly positive. I would even go as far as to say it could even pull in more players. As far as I am concerned, Valius is still in beta. Least, it certainly feels that way. You add so much content so often, but there are so many bugs and QoL changes that need a lot of attention. Please fix the bugs.

I'm happy to hear that there is discussion on this topic and I am excited to see what these changes and stabilizations are. I have great faith in you all.

Edited by Odin